Skip to main content
You are not a member of this wiki.
Fifth Grade Wiki
Pages and Files
5th Grade Novels
Book Report Rubrics
There are 5 major cloud types to know!
- sheetlike - low level clouds - blankets the sky - usually means rain is coming
stratus clouds form in layers
- sheetlike - low level clouds - blankets the sky - brings light rain or snow
nimbostratus clouds form in layers
Notice how similar these two definitions are!! Be careful
- puffy - low level clouds - clearly outlined - mean fair weather
- high level - thin and wispy - made of ice crystals - can mean weather will change
- clouds of vertical development - thunderstorms - tornadoes - hail
Additional Cloud Vocabulary
Alto- when the word alto is attached to a cloud it means it is a mid-level cloud
Nimbo/Nimbus- when nimbo or nimbus is attached to a cloud it means precipitation.
Fog - is a stratus cloud that forms right above the ground
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"